So every fall in September I love to go apple picking. I don't mean you go to the orchard and buy a bag of apples. I mean going to the orchard walking the groves and hand-picking the apples. You sample the apples as you go and just relax and have a great time. My kids enjoy going but Rich, not so much... but he goes. I have to say since we moved back to IL the orchards have, for the most part been disappointing. Very expensive for very few apples and way to crowded and commercial. So this year we headed in a totally different direction and I have to say...SUCCESS! We found tons of apples that were big, ripe and delicious. Oh and at the end you can take the bad apples and sling-shot them into the field. Annie and Sebastian loved it! There just isn't a better way to spend a beautiful fall day...and the Packers weren't playing so even Rich had an OK time.